Pages

Search & Win

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Cloth Diapering is Girly

Continuing on with the Real Diaper Week theme, it might be surprising but men are capable of changing a cloth diaper. My husband does it every day. No, he doesn't used duct tape and super glue. I don't think. He hasn't yet gotten the hang of stuffing the pockets and hes's still getting the hang of folding a prefold but it works. So far, he's not interested in changing a cloth diaper on-the-go. But that was our compromise: he'd use cloth diapers at home as long as we could do disposable in public. I'm hopeful he'll adapt and get on-board with changing him into cloth in public. I do admit, it's more difficult considering how often I change Patrick in the car or on my lap. Much more difficult with a cloth diaper, but not impossible. 



We use Swaddlebees and Blueberry pocket diapers, Grovia AIOs, and Baby BeeHinds covers with our prefolds. We love the pockets. We use them primarily at night because they are so absorbent. The prefolds are a little more work, but cheaper. We rarely use the prefolds/cover at night as it requires more concentration than we're capable of at 3am. Jonny dislikes the AIOs. They're the easiest-you just take it out the dryer and snap it on, no assembly required-but least absorbent. Patrick doesn't wear these at night because they almost always leaks after a few hours and he sleeps more than six hours straight at night. We use these during the day when I'm changing him as soon as he's wet or dirty. 


Now, where I buy my cloth diapers. The majority of my diapers to this point have been purchased from ecomom. I've found good deals through Plum District and gotten diaper for a fraction of the cost. Ecomom often has sales also. The Black Friday sale was hugely popular-$40 off $100. I highly suggest you check them both out. The remainder of my cloth diapers have been purchased through Amazon using money I've made on various GPT sites.

No comments: