Pages

Search & Win

Monday, April 16, 2012

Real Diaper Week

Today kicks off Real Diaper Week. This is the week when cloth diaper fanatics come out of the woodwork to promote cloth diaper awareness. As an aforementioned cloth diaper fanatic, I want to take this time to say how much I love cloth diapering. I've saved money, it's better for the environment, they're so cute, and Patrick hasn't had a diaper rash since we switched. And it allows me to indulge in shameless shopping. And really, how cute is this bum?


On to some information concerning the exact opposite of parenting. I had the Essure procedure done after Patrick was born. We're done having kids (especially after all the complications while I was pregnant with Patrick) and we wanted permanent birth control. I can't stress enough how much better Essure is than other long-term birth control options. Permanent, no hormones, no surgery, local anesthesia, 24-hour recovery, in-office, minimal pain. If you're considering permanent birth control, I highly suggest you look into this procedure.

I was the hourly winner at 4Loot yesterday and won 150 coins. I wish I had thought to take a screenshot, but I didn't think about it. I was pretty psyched about it. And then today, I managed to get 40 coins from videos. If you do 4Loot, don't forget about the videos. Those things can be pretty lucrative at times.

The buttons for the Dan River Autism Awareness 5k arrived today. Austin was very excited about the 'Team Austin' buttons. I think Patrick and I are going to do the 1-mile instead of the 5k. 3.1 miles is a bit much for a 3-month old that eats, on average, every two hours. If I'm lucky he'll sleep through the 1-mile.

Don't forget, tomorrow is Tax Day! If you haven't filed your taxes yet, make sure you get them in by midnight.


No comments: