Pages

Search & Win

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Tax Day is Coming!

Well, if today wasn't Sunday it would be tax day. And as such, I've always celebrate 4/15 as tax day or as I like to call it, Fair Tax Day. It's a day when I try to share with people the wonderful idea that is the Fair Tax. If you're not an American, feel free to skip to the next paragraph as this will not interest you. The Fair Tax is an amazing idea, especially for those of us who enjoy reusing as much as possible-such as hand-me-downs, shopping at Goodwill and yard sales, and borrowing. My family barely ever buys anything new (except food, but a lot of that comes from a garden). With the Fair Tax, you don't pay taxes on your income. Instead you pay taxes on 'new goods'. You wouldn't pay federal taxes on items purchased used. How great is that!?! Hate it that thugs don't pay taxes on stolen money or drug money and are driving around in Hummers? Upset that welfare recipients are purchasing expensive televisions? With the Fair Tax, they would be taxed on those new goods. Click HERE for more information.

And now for an update on my little ones. Patrick is rolling over from his belly to his back like a champ now. And today he sat upright by himself for a prolonged amount of time. We even manage to get a video. Here's a picture of him sitting up all by himself.


I can't believe he's gotten so big. He's three months old already. Austin has been working with Heather on his math lately and is improving. This Saturday is the Dan River Autism Awareness 5k. Austin is really pumped about it. What kid wouldn't be excited to have a 5k team named after him? Go Team Austin! He doesn't know it yet, but I even ordered Team Austin buttons for myself, Jonny, Austin, Tammy, Heather, and whoever else ends up on Team Austin. 

And moving on to GPT sites. I'm testing out quite a few new sites right now. Some I like, some are mediocre. There aren't any I hate right now, so that's a plus. Social Moms is quite lucrative. I managed to earn $20 last month and all you have to do is comment on a few articles, tweet a few articles, and complete the activities in a couple of emails. It couldn't be much easier. And my account doesn't even work correctly! More than half of my points are going to another account and I haven't managed to get them merged yet. Customer service leaves much to be desired, however. I've been in contact with them about the issue for about a month now and, well, basically nothing happens. But I'm still making an easy $20 so it's obviously not too big an issue. I've been playing Booty Slots in my spare time. It's a Facebook application where you can earn real money, playing with fake money. I have $8.96 right now and I've been playing for a few weeks now. You have to have $25 to cash out. Obviously I'm not going to get rich without putting real money into it, but I'm patient and it only takes a few minutes a day. Also, I've been playing aroound on 4Loot. You get paid in Facebook credits on this site. I've already earned enough basically doing the easy contests (although there are videos, surveys, and search wins) on their Facebook page for 2 FB credits. I'll be using those to earn more Doubloons on Booty Slots so I can earn real money. I'm also testing out Zoombucks. I don't like it as much as Swagbucks, Irazoo, Jingit, InstaGC, Calyp, and Social Moms so I don't use it as much. $10 Amazon gift cards start at 1000zb so at 206zb I still have quite a way to go, but I also don't play on it much. And finally ChaCha. ChaCha is similar Calyp in that you get paid to post ads. However, while you only get paid to post at Calyp, with ChaCha you only get paid for clicks. So that means I only earn pennies per day. And you cash out at $25. We'll see how well this works, I guess.

No comments: