Pages

Search & Win

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

The Fish King

This is my attempt at blogging while Patrick is asleep. Let's see how it goes, shall we? It's been a pretty eventful day. First off, my mom called at 7:30 this morning and woke Jonny up. Normally, calling and waking someone up isn't appreciated. However, Jonny has to be at work at 8am and Austin has to be at school by 8:05am, and it's a 15-minute drive. They managed to get ready and out the door by 7:45am, which would have given them time to get to their respective destinations in time. If the battery in Jonny's car hadn't been dead. And that would have been manageable if the trunk (where the jumper cables are stored) hadn't refused to open. My jumper cables were still at the old house. It just so happens that I accepted that Patrick wasn't going to go back to sleep this morning and went ahead and got us ready for the day. I took Jonny to work and dropped off Austin. All of this happened before 8:07am. Wow. Patrick and I hung around town for awhile-he pooped, ate, and pooped. Then, I read Good Housekeeping while he took a nap. He woke up and pooped again. I had a meeting with the peer lactation couselor where he was showered with isn't he cute' and 'look how much he's grown' and 'what beautiful eyes'. All very true, of course. The women comment on the cute diaper/onesie combo (Elmo and a red Baby Beehinds cover). I gushed over my pediatrician, Dr. Cates.

It's blurry (Patrick likes to move it, move it), but you get the idea. And, if you'll notice, he's also rocking a Team Austin button in preparation for the Dan River Autism Awareness 5K on Saturday. If you want to come show your support, the race is at Dan Daniel Park in Danville, VA and starts at 10am. Continuing on, after we left the counselor, we grabbed some lunch and picked up Jonny to take him home to get his car. After another nap, it was off to pick up his big brother from school. It's been a long day, especially since Patrick was up most of the night wanting to play.

And if you're interested, no I didn't manage this entire post while Patrick was asleep. Did you really think I would? Now, off I go to check Austin's homework and entertain the Fish King-one of Austin's many nicknames for his little brother.

No comments: